The function of power steering pump
1. Power steering pump is the power source of hydraulic power steering system, it through the engine as a transmission medium, the mechanical energy can be converted to hydraulic energy, the steering gear through the pump output hydraulic oil hydraulic energy can be converted into mechanical energy, so as to reduce the driver's operating strength, improve the vehicle maneuverability;
2. Through the pressure relief valve control power steering pipe internal pressure to ensure the safety of the steering system;
3. Through the flow control valve control steering system flow, to ensure that the vehicle at high speed when the driver steering feel
Classification of power steering pumps
1. From the distribution model, can be divided into: commercial vehicle steering pump and passenger car steering pump.
2. From the structural form, can be divided into: vane-type steering pump, gear-type steering pump, plunger-type steering pump; The dual-acting vane-type steering pump is widely used in various models because of its small size, low noise and high volumetric efficiency.
3. From the driving form of the division, can be divided into: gear-driven steering pump, pulley-driven steering pump, cross-slide key (spline)-type steering pump; the pulley-driven steering pump is mainly used to drive the passenger car with less torque, and the gear drive and cross sliding key are more common in commercial vehicles.
At present, the automotive steering pump is dual-acting vane-type steering pump, it is mainly composed of ordinary double acting vane pump, flow control valve and pressure relief valve; Double acting vane pump provides high pressure oil, flow control valve ensures the output of the steering pump is suitable for the whole vehicle demand, and the pressure relief valve controls the maximum output pressure of the steering pump. For engines with less power, pressure switches should also be provided.